Since our inception, we have only implemented the highest-level of care for our patients: 92 percent of patients’ families surveyed would recommend Lower Cape Fear Hospice (the national average is 84 percent), according to a hospice satisfaction survey.
We have consistently ranked significantly higher than the national average:
- Our overall rating of care was 87 percent (compared to 80 percent),
- We ranked 84 percent in receiving timely care (as compared to the national average of 78 percent).
Evidence of our dedication to patient service and making a positive difference in our patients’ lives is reflected in our accreditations and distinctive qualities.
- New Hanover Regional Medical Center, Columbus Regional Hospital and Novant Health Brunswick Medical Center choose Lower Cape Fear Hospice as their quality partner to provide palliative care to their patients.
- We are the palliative care provider to more than 40 area assisted living and skilled nursing facilities.
- We are the ONLY hospice in the region with full-time physicians on staff.
- Our clinical team members are experts in pain and symptom management.
- Sixty percent of our physicians, 40 percent of our nurses and 10 percent of our aides have earned their Certification in Hospice and Palliative Care.
- We are dedicated to the specific needs veterans have at the end of their lives. Through our veteran-centered programs and ceremonies, we acknowledge and honor the service they have given our country. Lower Cape Fear Hospice has achieved a Level III Partnership in the We Honor Veterans program.
- Our care centers are available exclusively for Lower Cape Fear Hospice patients, and they can be transferred 24-hours-a-day.
- Our care centers have full-time physicians on staff.
- We provide acute, respite and residential patient services to meet all levels of care needs.
Honors and Accreditations
- We are a 2017 Hospice Honors Recipient awarded by Healthcare First.
- We are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Health Care.
- We are a “deemed provider” for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. This means we have met or exceeded the quality standards required by Medicare and Medicaid.