Let us be a resource for you.
Every 65 seconds in the U.S., someone is diagnosed with a form of dementia. Often, care falls on family members who lack information or available resources to be able to provide the higher level of care these clients require. It is vital that caregivers receive the support they need to alleviate caregiver stress and burnout. We can help.
Our Dementia Care Program offers caregivers and loved ones the support they need:
- No cost consult to help identify community resources and educational needs
- Advance care planning, pain, and/or symptom management by a family nurse practitioner
- Professional RN assessment for care planning needs (fee for service)
- Respite care provided by licensed CNAs (fee for service) or volunteer trained in dementia care
- No cost educational offerings including nutrition, fall prevention and safety, self-care, and more
- Scheduled follow-up phone contact to ensure caregivers are not forgotten.
Let us help you care for your loved one living with dementia.
As the number of dementia and Alzheimer’s patients increases, so does the need for care and support for both patients and their caregivers. Our goal is to improve the lives of families challenged by this disease by providing professional counseling, respite care, educational training, and alternative therapies.
By better understanding the disease and how it affects the brain, while learning specific techniques to enhance communication with your loved one, we can help you learn the skills to improve quality of life for everyone involved.
Call 1-800-733-1476, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to schedule a no cost consultation.
Lower Cape Fear Dementia care is dedicated to improving the lives of caregivers and their loved ones living with dementia. Our goal is to foster and grow a dementia-friendly community by offering education and training to raise awareness of how to better communicate with those challenged by this disease.